Exagen Diagnostics Inc., a Vista, CA- and Albuquerque, NM-based commercial stage specialty diagnostic company, received up to $25m in debt financing.
An affiliate of Innovatus Capital Partners, LLC, provided the term loans.
The company intends to use the funds to accelerate the commercialization of its proprietary Cell Bound Complement Activation Products (CB-CAPs) technology.
Led by Ron Rocca, Chief Executive Officer, Exagen Diagnostics is a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited and CLIA certified rheumatology specialty laboratory that focuses on accurate diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of autoimmune connective tissue diseases (CTD).
Its line of AVISE® tests include:
– AVISE® CTD, a diagnostic tool to distinguish overlapping symptoms and aid in the differential diagnosis of RA, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Sjögren’s, Scleroderma, PM/DM, APS and Autoimmune Thyroid disease,
– AVISE® SLE Prognostic, a risk assessment testing for potential organ involvement,
– AVISE® SLE Monitor, an advanced blood test that provides important information including proprietary EC4d level to assist physicians any time they assess the condition of a patient with SLE,
– AVISE® APS, a specialized test to aid in the diagnosis and management of patients with antiphospholipid syndrome (APS),
– AVISE® MTX, a therapeutic drug monitoring of methotrexate polyglutamates, and
– AVISE® HCQ, a therapeutic drug monitoring of hydroxychloroquine in whole blood.