Cohero Health, a NY-based digital health company, closed a $9M Series A financing.
The round was led by Three Leaf Ventures, an affiliate of the Broe Group, with participation from Zaffre Investments, the investment arm of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, and BioAdvance, and new investors GIS Strategic Ventures, Heitkamp & Thumann Group, and P5 Health Ventures.
The company intends to use the funds to grow its commercial business development efforts, expand its clinical trial program, and evolve BreatheSmart, its comprehensive connected platform.
Led by Melissa Manice, PhD, co-founder and CEO, and co-founder and COO Dan Weinstein, Cohero Health develops care connected devices and mobile applications that actively engage and empower respiratory patients by measuring lung function and tracking adherence.
The company, a member of StartUp Health, Springboard Enterprises, and Grand Central Tech, provides:
– BreatheSmart, which actively engages respiratory patients by tracking medication adherence and measuring lung function;
– a toolkit supporting patient monitoring and engagement;
– Wireless medication inhaler sensors that tracks patient adherence;
– an FDA cleared mobile spirometer that measures lung function;
– mobile applications that engage patients, and generate custom reminders and reward compliance; and
– web applications to access custom data via HIPAA-compliant servers.
In addition to improving care through digital tools, Cohero is building a large data set of respiratory patient demographics, medication utilization, symptoms, exacerbations, pulmonary function, medical history, outcomes and costs.
The company has already deployed its platform across more than 25 commercial partnerships including major healthcare systems, hospital systems, payers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, pharmacy benefit managers, and other strategic partners, representing over 1 million pediatric and adult asthma, COPD, and cystic fibrosis patients.