After its second closing in January, Panakès now targets a new closing in March. Beyond financial institutions European Investment Fund and Fondo Italiano d’Investimento, investors in the fund include corporate and private players in the sector (Menarini, Cogliati – Elemaster, Colombo – SapioLife, Rovati – RottaPharmBiotech).
The firm, which obtained the required authorization by the competent authorities at the end of 2015, aims to back innovative companies in the Medtech sector, innovating in therapeutic medical devices, diagnostic devices and kits and healthcare IT companies.
Co-founded by Alessio Beverina, former Partner at Sofinnova Partners, Fabrizio Landi, the founder and CEO of Esaote, which became a leader in the diagnostic space, and Diana Saraceni, founder and Partner in charge of the Life Sciences investments at 360 Capital Partners, in 2015, Panakès will focus primarily on startup and commercial stage companies, with strong intellectual property, at prototype level or CE marked products, run by experienced management teams, providing them with capital towards clinical demonstration and revenues growth.
The firm’s Advisory Board includes:
– Laura Iris Ferro, founder and ex CEO of Gentium,
– Giuseppe Prisco, former MP of Intuitive surgical,
– Lorenzo Tallarigo, former COO Eli Lilly, and early stage Investor and board member of Intercept,
– Emanuele Gatti, former CEO EMEA Fresenius Care,
– Gabriele Cogliati, CEO of Elemaster,
– Antonello Biscini, VP business development of Menarini Diagnostics, and
Maurizio Colombo, CEO of SapioLife.