OneRent, a San Jose, CA-based provider of residential rental service that aims to simplify and improve the rental experience between renters and owners, raised a $1.5m seed funding.
– Jeff Dean, Senior Google Fellow & Co-inventor of MapReduce;
– Michael Zee, Former Director of Legal: Asia-Pacific, Google;
– Chris Chin, Deputy General Counsel, Google;
– Jonathan Manson, Former Associate General Counsel, Google; and
– Andrea Zurek, Founding Partner, XG Ventures.
The company intends to use the funds for expansion of its operations beyond San Francisco Bay Area to include the Seattle area.
Led by Greg Toschi, co-founder and CEO, OneRent provides a residential rental platform that aims to allow renters and owners to manage the entire lifecycle. The service, which manages showings, lease signings, rental payments and property maintenance, currently serves the San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle, with plans to expand to new locations.