Womenalia.com, a Madrid, Spain-based social network for female professionals, raised €1m in funding.
Backers included unnamed private investors.
The company intends to use the funds to develop the platform and continue to expand in Latin America (including Colombia, Perú and México), and open the US market.
Led by María Gómez del Pozuelo (CEO), Womenalia.com provides products and content for professional women including:
– WomenaliaCare Guide, a directory that has all the solutions that professional women need
– WEmployment, a service for professional and qualified managers
– The International Council of Experts, a global network of specialists coming from different sectors
– The entrepreneurship section, a guide for entrepreneurs offering tools, resources and documentation about every stage of a project since its creation
– The Professional Career Section
– Today in Womenalia, news for professional women.
The social network currently has more than 200,000 users and aims to reach 500,000 by 2013.