Fuzey, a London, UK-based platform that centralizes small businesses’ communications, payments, marketing, and calendars, raised €4m ($4.5M / £3.4M) in seed funding.
The round was led by Nordic venture capital firm byFounders, with participation from Flash Ventures (which led the startup’s pre-seed round), Global Founders Capital, Ascension, and prominent business angels Stephane Kurgan (Venture Partner at Index Ventures) and Sheel Tyle (Founder and CEO of Amplo VC). In conjunction with the funding, byFounders investor Sara Rywe and Flash Ventures Partner Lorenzo Franzi have joined Fuzey’s board of the Fuzey.
The company will use this funding to grow its team and expand into new markets across Europe and North America.
Founded in 2020 by CEO Henrik Lysgaard, and COO Jensen Alex Boyce, Fuzey offers a digital one-stop-shop for SMEs and independent contractors, such as plumbers, electricians, and mechanics, allowing them to grow and manage their businesses and focus on the services they provide. With the digital platform, businesses can manage their communications across SMS, WhatsApp, email, Facebook, and Instagram, understand customer behaviour, manage appointments directly to calendars, send invoices, receive payment, and increase customer reviews.
With the app, companies can improve their customer service and efficiency by:
- Managing their communications across SMS, WhatsApp, email, Facebook, and Instagram in one place
- Managing appointments directly to calendars to reduce no-shows
- Generating and sending invoices to receive instant payment from customers
- Understanding customer behaviour and lead generation
- Increasing and monitoring customer reviews, to organically improve company operations, branding, and online visibility