Tavotek Biotherapeutics, a Lower Gwynedd PA-based biotech company, raised $35M in Series B funding.
The round was led by CS Capital with participation from Fontus Capital.
The company intends to use the funds to accelerate:
- the Phase 1 clinical development of several antibody drugs to start in early 2022,
- the CMC and IND development of multiple other oncology pipelines, and
- the development of its multicyclic intracellular peptide (MIP) programs.
Tavotek Biotherapeutics is advancing medicines for patients suffering from debilitating diseases with significant unmet medical needs. The company has a pipeline of product candidates at various stages of development for cancer, autoimmune conditions, and inflammatory diseases. Its research platforms are built upon three breakthrough technologies:
- TavoSelect (an innovative Phage Display Library that generates conformational selective human full-length and single domain antibodies);
- TavoPrecise (a differentiated engineering platform for next generation tissue-specific biologics); and
- TavoMIP (a multicyclic peptide platform that makes undruggable targets more accessible).
Tavotek has two R&D centers: one in Lower Gwynedd, Pennsylvania and another in Suzhou, China.