Mployer Advisor, a Nashville TN-based platform for for employers to research, review and evaluate insurance brokers, raised $1.6M in Seed funding.
The round was led by Martin Ventures.
The company intends to use the funds to deploy new features on its platform, hire additional leadership roles and expand its insurance broker and carrier network.
Led by Brian Freeman, Founder and CEO, Mployer Advisor provides a platform that connects employers and employees to benefits and insurance plans and gives employers actionable data to evaluate and select the best advisor for a company’s specific needs. Most brokerages have a profile on Mployer Advisor, which provides independent ratings of insurance advisors to support employers. Insurance brokers cannot pay to influence their rating.
Through its proprietary analytics, Mployer Advisor offers employers access to:
- 84,000+ A.I.-driven benefit design data points to use in negotiating and planning
- 15,000+ detailed brokerage profiles including employer experience
- 25,000+ peer employer reviews of brokers
The senior leadership team includes:
- Aaron Clifford as Chief Marketing Officer (formerly with Press Ganey),
- Weller Emmons as Vice President of Operations (formerly with HCA),
- Jenny Gensler as Vice President of Sales (formerly with HCA), and
- Gabriel Sterling as Vice President of Technology (formerly with L3 Technologies).