Tropix, a São Paulo, Brazil-based marketplace for digital art (NFTs), raised $2M in seed funding.
The round was led by 2TM, the parent company of Mercado Bitcoin, Latin America’s largest cryptocurrency and digital asset exchange, with participation from Mago Capital.
The company intends to use the funds to:
- enhance its work and expand its offering by building solutions for NFTs,
- grow its marketing operations and R&D, and
- expand its portfolio to feature dozens of more galleries by end of the year.
Led by Daniel Peres Chor, Founder, Tropix is a global marketplace for digital arts, which currently runs 20 galleries in Brazil, including Zipper, Verve, and Leme, and has 250 launches planned featuring Brazilian artists Toz, Vini Naso, Walter Goldfarb, Gustavo Von Ha, Giselle Beiguelman, Guerreiro do Divino Amor, and Eduardo Kac.
Key team members of the company also include:
- Bernardo Schucman, a data scientist who has been one of the biggest bitcoin miner in Brazil and the U.S. over and one of the creators of Google Meet;
- Guilherme Nigri, collector and serial investor;
- Zé Lima, marketing specialist who founded 10 startups, including Boolabs, which was acquired by B2W;
- Alexandre Icaza, venture builder with over 20 years of experience in private equity.