Ubees, a NYC-based precision beekeeping and pollination services provider, secured $8m in growth funding.
The round was led by WindSail Capital Group.
The company intends to use the funds to:
- Accelerate deployment of its digital marketplace
- Grow its pollination services business
- Deploy IoT sensor technology to monitor health and efficiency of bees
- Further develop algorithms to sharpen pollination monitoring and agricultural data
- Expand to new crops and geographies
Founded in 2017 by Arnaud Lacourt, Chief Executive Officer, Ubees offers bee-friendly and optimized pollination services through precision beekeeping. Additionally, the company is modernizing pollination with a non-intrusive sensor that can remotely monitor its colonies. Since the start of its commercialization in 2019, pollination revenues have doubled every year. Ubees manages more than 50 customers with nationwide operations in the United States, a research & development center in Europe and a new project in South America with a major corporate partner.