Zerion, a San Francisco CA-based focused developer of an investing interface for decentralized finance (DeFi), raised $8.2M in Series A funding.
The round was led by Mosaic Ventures with participation from Placeholder, DCG, Lightspeed, Blockchain.com Ventures, DeFi Alliance Fund, Continue Capital, SevenX Ventures, G1 Ventures, Bitscale Capital, Wintermute, The LAO and a group of angel investors from the crypto community:
- Stani Kulechov from Aave
- Fernando Martinelli from Balancer
- Joey Krug from Pantera Capital
- Julien Bouteloup from Stake Capital and Curve
- Ash Egan from Accomplice
- Alex Pack formerly co-founder at Dragonfly Capital
- Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau from Alchemy
- Michiel Lescrauwaet from Tioga Capital
- Lyuben Belov from LauncHub Ventures
- Jonathan Caras from Lionschain Capital
- Ekaterina Kurbanova and Anastasia Andrianova from Akropolis
Toby Coppel from Mosaic Ventures and Brad Burnham from existing investor Placeholder will be joining Zerion’s Board of Directors, in conjunction with the funding.
The company intends to use the funds to:
- accelerate its product roadmap, bringing a host of new features to its global user base, and
- recruit talent to its distributed team.
Led by Evgeny Yurtaev (CEO), Vadim Koleoshkin (COO) and Alexey Bashlikov (CTO), Zerion provides is an investing app that enables anyone, anywhere in the world, to access a suite of new financial products and services built on the backbone of decentralized finance (DeFi). Decentralized finance now has over $60 Billion in total value locked and encompasses everything from major cryptocurrencies like Ethereum to other forms of programmable money, crypto loans, social tokens and NFTs.
Zerion is used by over 200K investors worldwide, serving everyone from high-net worth crypto “whales” to students wishing to send instant remittances. The app has processed $600M+ in transaction volume year-to-date and sees $5M traded daily, with a median trade size of $1,000.