Vida Ventures, a Los Angeles, CA- and Boston, MA-based life sciences venture capital firm, closed Vida Ventures III, L.P., at $825m.
The capital was raised globally from existing and new blue-chip institutional investors, including top-tier endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds, pensions, financial institutions, family offices, fund-of-funds and notable individuals.
Vida III will continue the firm’s investment approach of identifying and investing in transformative biomedical innovations with the potential to meaningfully impact patients.
Founded in 2017, Vida Ventures is a next-generation life sciences investment firm with a bicoastal presence and approximately $1.7 billion under management. Vida’s leadership includes:
- Arie Belldegrun, MD, FACS – Co-Founder and Senior Managing Director
- Helen S. Kim, MBA – Senior Managing Director
- Arjun Goyal, MD, MPhil, MBA – Co-Founder and Managing Director
- Stefan Vitorovic, MS, MBA – Co-Founder and Managing Director
- Rajul Jain, MD – Managing Director
- Jean-Philippe Kouakou-Zebouah, MBA – Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer
Since inception, the firm has made 30 investments in companies developing transformative therapies for difficult-to-treat indications across oncology, neurology, autoimmunity, rare genetic diseases and beyond. With experience building and scaling companies from concept to commercialization, Vida takes a hands-on approach and is involved with its portfolio companies across the full life cycle of value creation.