Ankona Capital, a Newport Beach, CA-based growth-stage venture firm, closed its first fund, at over $66m.
Led by Jared Smith, Newth Morris, Josh Harmsen, and Brian Mesic, Ankona Capital invests in emerging growth stage B2B software companies. While national in focus, the firm has deep roots in southern California. The firm invests $5 to $15m into early growth-stage B2B software companies which typically have $5-$15m in recurring revenues.
In addition, Ankona has an Operating Partner program to help identify and diligence target companies and mentor entrepreneurs and CEOs.
The firm’s current portfolio companies include:
- VideoAmp, a cross-screen video audience measurement company (Los Angeles, CA);
- SOCi a platform for localized marketing (San Diego, CA);
- GoSite, a platform that makes it easier for customers to find, book, and pay for services online (San Diego, CA);
- Cordial, a cross-channel messaging and data platform for customer-obsessed brands (San Diego, CA); and
- Canopy, a practice management and tax resolution software solution for accounting firms (Lehi, UT).