Polywork, a New York based new professional social network, secured $3.5m in seed funding.
The round was led by Caffeinated Capital with participation from:
· Kindred Capital (Leila Zegna)
· Goldcrest Capital (Adam Ross)
· Bungalow Capital (Matt Ziskie, Dave Ambrose)
· Worklife VC (Brianne Kimmel)
· Max Levchin (SciFi VC, Founder, Paypal, CEO at Affirm)
· Kevin Lin (co-founder of Twitch)
· Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube)
· Scott Belsky (founder and CEO of Behance)
· Joel Flory (CEO at VSCO)
· Leif Abraham (founder of Public.com)
· Jon Weiner (founder of Money 2020)
· Richard Fearn (Angel Investor, Breakdancer, Broadway Producer)
· Larry Chu (Lawyer, Angel Investor)
· Heston Berkman (Angel Investor)
· Michael Mignano (co-founder of Anchor)
· Dan Romero (Angel investor, ex-Coinbase)
· Sriram Krishna (Investor, ex-Tinder)
· Jeremy Yap (Angel Investor)
· Risto Lahdesmaki (Investor, Founder of Idean)
The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand operations and its development efforts.
Founded by Peter Johnston, Polywork is a professional social network that lets users create a free personal webpage, share what they’re up to both personally and professionally and send collaboration requests to others on the network. It launched in invite-only Beta in late April 2021.