The Public Health Company, a Goleta, Calif.-based company that offers a platform to protect businesses and communities from infectious disease, closed an $8m seed funding.
Backers included Venrock, Verily, and Sweat Equity Ventures.
Led by Dr. Charity Dean, CEO and co-founder. PHC has developed a SaaS platform for businesses, health care providers, and public health systems that systematically combines real-time public health data, containment best practices, and genomic epidemiology to prevent, detect, and contain costly disease outbreaks.
PHC combines this platform with public health expertise to give organizations recommendations to strike the critical balance between the continuity of operations and the safety of employees and clients.
The company’s team includes:
- Charity Dean, MD, MPH, Co-Founder and CEO, former Assistant Director of California Department of Public Health
- Brian Levine, MBA, Co-Founder and CFO, former partner at Goldman Sachs
- Terese Tatum, MSN, MBA, COO, former VP of Strategic Operations at One Medical
- David Dynerman, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, former Senior Data Scientist at Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
- Joshua Batson, PhD, Chief Data Scientist, former Senior Research Scientist at Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
In addition to Venrock’s Roberts, PHC’s advisors and board members include: Dr. Joe DeRisi, co-president of Chan Zuckerberg BioHub; Dr. Carter Mecher, senior medical advisor at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs; Dr. Mark Pandori, Director of the Nevada State Public Health Laboratory; Brad Katsuyama, CEO and co-founder of IEX Group; and Todd Park, co-founder and executive chairman of Devoted Health.