Geneos Therapeutics, a Plymouth Meeting, Pa.-based clinical stage company focused on the development of tumor neoantigen targeted personalized immunotherapies for cancer, closed its Series A1 round, raising $12m in financing.
The round was led by Korea Investment Partners (KIP) – Global Bio Fund with participation from existing investors Santé Ventures and Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: INO). In conjunction with the financing, Mr. Sangwoo Lee, Managing Director Korea Investment Partners – USA Inc. joined Geneos’ Board of Directors..
The proceeds will be used for the expansion of the company’s:
- GT-30 Phase Ib/IIa clinical trial evaluating its personalized neoantigen-targeting vaccine,
- GNOS-PV02, for treating patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), a type of liver cancer.
Led by Dr. Niranjan Y. Sardesai, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Geneos Therapeutics develops personalized therapies for cancer using its GT-EPIC™ platform to target unique neoantigens (abnormal mutations produced by cancer cells) from individual patient tumors.
The company’s GT-EPIC™ Neoantigen-Targeting Platform is based on a clinically-validated DNA medicines technology exclusively licensed from Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: INO) for use in developing personalized, neoantigen-targeting immunotherapies. The Inovio technology has been used extensively and safely by Inovio Pharmaceuticals in the clinical treatment of patients with over 2,000 patients treated and over 6,000 administrations.
The company also announced the expansion of its management team with the addition of:
- Ms. Joann Peters as Vice President, Clinical and Business Operations
- Dr. Alfredo Perales-Puchalt, MD, Ph.D as Vice President, Research & Development
- Dr. Hakim Hammach, Ph.D, MBA as Vice President, Business Development
- Ms. Federica O’Brien as Strategic Finance Consultant/CFO