Healthcare Ventures, a Sydney, Australia-based based specialist digital health firm has launched a new venture capital firm.
Healthcare Ventures’ initial raising activities have already attracted attention from investors globally with the first closing expected in the first half of 2021.
The fund will invest in early stage and growth companies transforming healthcare via digital health technologies.
The investment strategy focuses primarily on Australian companies going global, led by visionary founders, that are redefining how healthcare is provided and consumed whilst delivering better outcomes for all.
The Healthcare Ventures team brings investment, medical and digital health expertise to the table. All are entrepreneurs in their own rights:
Partnership and Fund Manager Board
- Roger Allen AM – Chairman and pioneer of Australia’s venture capital industry is a renowned active early-stage investor and director.
- Dr Louise Schaper – Australia’s pre-eminent digital health evangelist and CEO of the Australasian Institute of Digital Health.
- Darren Heathcote – Experienced adviser and investor in healthcare.
- Dr Bronwyn King AO – Radiation Oncologist and founder and CEO of Tobacco Free Portfolios.
They are joined by an esteemed Advisory Board:
- Grahame Grieve – the ‘Father of FHIR’, advisor to governments, vendors and care providers globally, head of the global FHIR community.
- Dr Amandeep Hansra – General Practitioner, angel investor, advisor and strategist, Ex CEO Telstra Readycare and founder of Creative Careers in Medicine, a community of over 10,000 doctors and co-founder of Australian Medical Angels with over 300 active health tech angel investors.
- Adj A/Prof David Rowlands – One of Australia’s most senior health informaticians with extensive international experience.
- Dr Arran Schlosberg – Medical doctor, software engineer, and co-founding CTO with deep technical expertise and international experience in the healthcare industry, including at HealthMatch, Google, and DeepMind.