GGV Capital, a global venture capital firm, closed its family of funds, totaling $2.52 billion.
The committed capital includes:
The new family of funds includes:
- GGV Capital VIII, L.P. ($1.464 billion), which supports entrepreneurs across all stages of growth;
- GGV Capital VIII Plus, L.P. ($366 million), which enables GGV to extend its investment in portfolio companies that are part of Fund VIII that have demonstrated ability to scale and have become category leaders;
- GGV Discovery III, L.P. ($610 million), which is dedicated to global entrepreneurs at their earliest stage of development;
- GGV Capital VIII Entrepreneurs Fund ($80 million), which invests alongside the funds and extends and builds the GGV entrepreneur family network globally.
The closing of these funds coincides with one subsequent closing of GGV Capital RMB Fund II, with total committed capital of approximately RMB 3.4 billion ($525 million).
This increases the firm’s total capital under management to approximately $9.2 billion across 17 funds and marks the continuation of GGV’s multi-stage, sector-focused investment strategy in leading technology companies by a single global investment team.
The firm’s approach is centered on three core tenets:
- Identify global trends and invest in local entrepreneurs to build market-leading companies.
- Focus on three core sectors to ensure value creation across key markets (Social/Internet, Enterprise Tech, and Smart Tech).
- Invest in entrepreneurs with companies at all stages of growth.
The managing partners of the new funds are Jixun Foo, Jenny Lee, Hans Tung, Glenn Solomon, Jeff Richards, and Eric Xu.