Finesse, a Los Angeles, CA-based provider of a software platform designed to predict and streamline production and manufacturing of the latest fashion trends, raised $4.54M in pre-seed and seed funding.
- Alex Roetter (Former Head of Engineering at Twitter),
- Ali Diab (CEO of Collective Health,)
- Hoxton Ventures (investors in unicorns such as Babylon Health, Deliveroo and Darktrace),
- MaC Venture Capital (investor in noteworthy brands including Blavity, PlayVS, Faze Clan, Walker & Co., and Bolt),
- Mango Capital (led by solo partner and Deep Tech veteran investor Robin Vasan) and
- Sam Teller (Co-Founder of Fab Fit Fun).
The comapny plans to use this funding to continue refining its algorithms to reduce the platform’s current 25 day production timeline even further, as well as bolster its influencer collaborations and expand its voting infrastructure for users to have a greater say in products and to create a virtual storefront experience.
Led by Ramin Ahmari, Founder and CEO, and newly added Andrea Knopf, former executive from the early team at REVOLVE, as Vice President of Product, Finesse is a vertically integrated fashion house leveraging AI on big data and community feedback to predict trends, forecast demand, and optimize distribution for non-binary capsule collections.
The brand’s proprietary AI and machine learning algorithms are generated from a variety of sources across the web, including trends on social media platforms, as well as Google Trends, online magazines and forum communities.
Finesse is partnering with influencers such as Maya Abdallah and Arlene Lee for collaborations on a monthly basis that will speak authentically to the brand and resonate with its target audience. The first influencer collaboration will be dropping in early February 2021.