Do you want to build a website from scratch? Picking the right website building platform based on your needs is crucial for having a beautiful, stable, and well-performing site.
If you have done a fair amount of research, you have probably already come across WordPress and Wix. But we wanted to take it a step further and discover some of the less prominent but certainly brilliant drag-and-drop website builders that people are using right now known as Squarespace and Duda. Find a web designer near me.
So, if you are struggling with picking the right builder for your project, in this article, we will go over both of the web builders in a little more detail to help with making your decision easier.
Squarespace is a potent site builder that operates on the cloud and allows you to create sites with a drag-and-drop editor and also an array of tools for the customization of your site’s design. It can be a great fit not only for large e-commerce stores, but also for private use for purposes such as portfolios, and even blogs.
Benefits of Squarespace
- Excellent site speed.
- Over 60 different templates to pick from for your website.
- The drag-and-drop interface allows you to add and remove elements from your website in seconds.
- Ability to import and export your content to and from other platforms.
- Live chat & Twitter support.
Drawbacks of Squarespace
- The platform offers a free trial of 14 days beyond which you can’t make any edits to your site unless you subscribe to one of their premium plans.
- It may be quite hard to use for people who aren’t well-versed in computer fundamentals.
- Unsuitable for crucial SEO customizations, which can be an issue for businesses that heavily rely on organic traffic.
READ MORE: 10 Best Business Website Builder Tools.
Duda offers a smooth and convenient web-building platform for creating sites that can serve not just businesses but also individuals that require a simple website for personal use.
The drag-and-drop interface and the extensive variety of customization features are perfect for anyone that has little to no website development experience or a large sum of capital to invest in building their dream website.
Benefits of Duda
- A 30-day free trial.
- Tens of free website design templates ready to use.
- Affordable monthly premium plans starting at just $14/mo.
- Get started in less than a minute.
- Organized and easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.
Drawbacks of Duda
- The basic plan only offers email support.
- If you have an e-commerce site with a basic plan, you are limited to selling ten products.
- Best functions, such as widget builder, website export, and API are reserved for the Agency plan which costs $74/mo.
- You will lose access to your website after the trial period unless you opt-in for a premium plan.
Which one is best, Squarespace or Duda?
It’s clear that a lot of thought has gone into developing both Duda and Squarespace, and the designers have tailored each one to cater to a different type of user. They both vary vastly (as we saw earlier), so you need to choose based on your intended usage, the features, budget, web design principles & skills, platform readiness, and the niche you are operating in, in addition to other parameters.
While Duda is a prudent option if you’re in the market for a site builder that is practical and easy to use, you will be better off using Squarespace if you have the time, need, and resources for a complex, fully-featured project. Alternatively, you can reach out to a web designer who can help you with building your website just how you imagine it.