Alkira, Inc., a San Jose, CA-based Network Cloud company, closed a $54M Series B funding.
The round was led by Koch Disruptive Technologies (KDT) with participation from Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and others. In conjunction with the funding, Jason Illian, Managing Director of KDT, will join Alkira’s Board of Directors.
The company, which has raised $76M to date, intends to use the funds to scale global market demand for the Alkira Cloud Services Exchange™(CSX).
Founded by CEO Amir Khan, founder and former CEO of Viptela, and Atif Khan, CTO, who was VP of Integrated Solutions and a member of the Viptela founding team, Alkira provides The Alkira CSX, a global unified network infrastructure delivered as-a-service with 1) connectivity for hybrid and multi-cloud networks 2) integrated network and security services, and 3) end-to-end operational visibility and governance.
The company’s Board of Directors now includes:
- Amir Khan, President, CEO, Chairman and Founder at Alkira
- Atif Khan, CTO and Founder at Alkira
- Bill Coughran, Partner at Sequoia
- Mamoon Hamid, Partner at Kleiner Perkins
- Jason Illian, Managing Director at Koch Disruptive Technologies, LLC