GoTab, Inc., an Arlington, Va.-based Mobile POS and contactless ordering and payment platform for hospitality, raised $6m in funding.
- Anthony Bruce, former president, Applied Analytics at Mastercard & CEO at APT;
- Greg Cohen, former president of iPayment and Paya; Jody McLean, CEO of Edens;
- Will Graylin, CEO of OV Loop and former global co-GM of Samsung Pay;
- Jim Hirshorn, Partner at Ares Management Corporation and President of Potbelly Sandwich Works;
- George Krautzel, managing partner for MissionOG;
- Andrew Newcomb, managing partner at MissionOG; and
- Jonathan Zabusky, founder and managing partner of Bounce Ventures LLC, former president of Grubhub/CEO of Seamless.
Led by CEO Tim McLaughlin, GoTab provides a Mobile point-of-sale (POS) and contactless order and payment platform, which helps large & mid-sized restaurants, breweries, bars, hotels and other venues optimize their front-of-house service models using low-cost, agile technology. Patrons scan a QR code directly from their mobile phones, order items via online menus, and pay securely, all without downloading an application or interacting with a server. The company serves hundreds of national, regional and local full-service accounts in almost 30 U.S. states.
Early adopters such as Stone Brewing, Barcelona Wine Bar and Ballast Point Brewing Company have been able to leverage GoTab to optimize their servers’ time, work and interactions with customers to ensure a better guest experience.
The company intends to use the funds to develop partnerships and enhance its technology, facilitating integrations with other hospitality tech platforms, all designed to ensure operators can optimize their business model and adapt swiftly to operational changes. Currently underway is the rollout of GoTab’s Mobile POS; i.e., contactless ordering and payment features for servers, making every guest transaction effortless, convenient and contact-free.