Boosted Commerce, a Los Angeles, CA-based startup building a comprehensive portfolio of 100 e-commerce brands, raised $87M in funding.
Investors include Torch Capital; Crosscut Ventures; Spencer Rascoff, entrepreneur and co-founder of Zillow and Hotwire; Elie Seidman, former CEO of Tinder; Tucker Kain, President of Los Angeles Dodgers; Ken Ramberg, founder of Goodpods; Scott Hendrickson, co-founder and partner, Permian Investment Partners; Thomas O. Staggs, former Chief Operating Officer of The Walt Disney Company; Marc Mezvinksy, managing director TPG; and David Farahi, Chief Operating Officer of Monarch Casino & Resort Inc.
The company, which has acquired six Amazon fulfillment (FBA) companies as it scales quickly toward its goal of building a comprehensive ecommerce portfolio platform, plans to acquire and develop 100 e-commerce Consumer Package Brands over the next four years.
Boosted Commerce is building a collection of third party companies and brands with customer loyalty and sales on the Amazon and Shopify platforms. The company offers these business sellers a 45-day closing process built on a commitment to fair, market value offers and ethical, transparent negotiations.
The company’s team includes:
- Charlie Chanaratsopon, who previously built a retail brand to 5,000 employees, 350 stores globally, and $500 million in revenue. Forbes named him “America’s 40 Most Successful Young Entrepreneurs.”
- Keith Richman, who co-founded Voi Technology, a leading European based mobility company and previously co-founded Break Media, OnePage, and Billpoint Inc. He currently serves on the board of directors of GrubHub, The Meet Group and Vostok New Ventures.
- Anton von Rueden, who previously COO of TechStyle Fashion Group and Managing Director of eBay Germany;
- Adam Epstein, formerly of consumer focused private equity firm Lion Capital; and
- Drew Lessard, previously a management consultant with Kearney, round out the leadership team.