Toro, a San Francisco, CA-based data quality monitoring solution provider, raised $4m in seed funding.
The round was co-led by Costanoa Ventures and Point72 Ventures with participation from other backers, including former Head of Data at Uber, Jai Ranganathan, and head of machine learning platform for Uber’s self-driving arm, Yu Guo.
The company plans to use the funds to accelerate product development and bring the product to a larger audience.
Co-founded by Kyle Kirwan and Egor Gryaznov, Toro is a data quality monitoring solution showing teams anomalous shifts in complex data. Built by former members of Uber’s data platform team, the company provides:
– An easy UI ready for product managers, analysts or engineers
– Automatic recommendations, and flexibility to define custom logic
– The ability to look for anomalies within specific slices of data
– Explainable alerts to improve the speed of debugging
– Engineering friendly APIs, and Performance optimizations for cloud-based data warehouses.