Primmune Therapeutics, a San Diego, CA-based company that develops small molecule, orally administered toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) agonists as immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and viral diseases, raised $7m in seed financing.
Investors included CAM Capital, Charlie McDermott, BioBrit, and BioRock Ventures. In conjunction with the financing, Scott Morenstein, Managing Director at CAM Capital will join the board. In addition, Ezra Cohen, M.D., Chief, Division of Hematology-Oncology and Associate Director, Translational Science, Moores Cancer Center at the University of California, San Diego and Isan Chen, M.D., Chief Medical and Development Officer at Mirati Therapeutics will join the company’s clinical advisory board.
The company intends to use the funds for the development of novel orally-administered, small molecule toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7) agonists for long-term systemic activation of innate immunity.
Primmune is being led by an experienced and dedicated team, which includes:
– Charlie McDermott, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
– James Appleman, Ph.D., Co-founder, Board Member, SVP, R&D and CSO
– Paulo Rangel, President, Co-founder, Board Member, Chief Business Officer
– Stephen Webber, Ph.D., Co-founder and SVP Medicinal Chemistry
– Todd Harris, Ph.D., Board Member, CEO of Tyra Biosciences