Fyllo, a Chicago, IL-based MarTech platform for the cannabis industry, raised $16m in seed financing.
The round was led by JW Asset Management and K2 & Associates, with other investors also making commitments. Jason Klarreich, managing director of JW Asset Management, will assume a seat on Fyllo’s board of directors.
The company intends to use the funds to expand its technology platforms and add personnel to meet operational needs.
Led by Chad Bronstein, founder and CEO, Fyllo provides a MarTech platform for the cannabis industry. Its CannaBrain™ marketing technology ingests and interrogates billions of data points, allowing brands to build and execute advertising campaigns while also enabling publishers to create and monetize compliant ad inventory.
In addition to Bronstein, most recently chief revenue officer for Amobee, an AdTech platform, Fyllo’s executive team includes:
– Brent Skoda (founder/chairman), former chairman/CEO, Vapergy Holdings, LLC
– Aristotle Loumis (co-founder/chief innovation officer), former president/founder, Marcus Lemonis E. Group
– Michael Chock (co-founder/chief operating officer), former executive vice president, MEDIA iQ Digital
– Erik Shani (co-founder/chief product officer), former SVP/brand intelligence solutions, Amobee
– Conrad Lisco (chief marketing officer), former SVP Marketing, Amobee
– Nicole Cosby (chief data & compliance officer), former SVP Standards & Partnerships, Publicis
Beyond its Chicago headquarters, the company has offices in Los Angeles, Denver, New York, Toronto and Tel Aviv, with expansion planned for Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Cleveland.