Bloomscape, a Detroit, MI-based direct-to-consumer plant company, raised $7.5m in Series A funding.
The round was led by Revolution Ventures with participation from Endeavor, existing investors, and category-defining consumer brand founders, including:
– Allbirds co-founder Joey Zwillinger,
– Away co-founder Jen Rubio,
– Eventbrite co-founder Kevin Hartz,
– Harry’s co-founder Jeff Raider,
– Quora co-founder Charlie Cheever, and
– Warby Parker co-founders Neil Blumenthal and Dave Gilboa.
The company intends to use the funds to continue to expand operations and its business reach.
Founded by Justin Mast, Bloomscape provides plant quality and care support, leveraging proprietary packing and shipping systems to deliver fully potted plants and post-purchase direction and advice. The company curates its inventory by size, level of care required, availability of natural light, and pet-friendliness.
Bloomscape’s care instructions and free, expert advice comes from its Plant Mom platform, powered by Joyce Mast.