Synspective Inc., a Japanese startup which provides satellite data solutions using small sized SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) satellites, raised $100m in funding.
– Space aSTART 1 Limited Partnership
– SHIMIZU CORPORATION
– JAFCO SV5 Investment Limited Partnership / JAFCO SV5-STAR Investment Limited Partnership
– Innovation Platform 1 Investment Limited Partnership
– Keio Innovation Initiative 1,LPS
– Abies Ventures Fund I, L.P.
– MIRAI SOUZOU 1 Investment Limited Partnership
– Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
– Fuyo General Lease Co.,Ltd.
– MORI TRUST CO., LTD.
– SBI AI&Blockchain LPS
– Mizuho Growth Fund No.3 Limited Partnership
The company intends to use the funds to strengthen SAR satellite and and solutions development and manufacturing systems.
Led by Co-founder and CEO Motoyuki Arai, Synspective provides satellite data solutions using small sized SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) satellites, which are used by Governments and Private Companies.
The core technology was developed by the ImPACT program* led by The Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, building small SAR satellites and constellation, allowing frequent observation of areas of interest.