D2 Consulting, a St. Louis-based life sciences consulting firm offering strategic and tactical commercialization services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and digital health manufacturers, acquired WorkUp, Inc., a patient engagement solution provider.
THe amount of the deal was not disclosed.
With this acquisition, D2 Consulting expands its existing technology solutions, providing value-added support for clients, including manufacturers, specialty pharmacies, HUBs, payers, pharmacy benefit managers and integrated delivery networks.
Led by Dean Erhardt, CEO, D2 Consulting is a provider of commercialization services to the healthcare and life sciences industries. The company works across all stakeholders including manufacturers, payers and channel participants to execute strategic business initiatives that ensure launch, distribution and reimbursement to maximize market impact and support an ongoing leadership position in the marketplace.
Co-founded by Kenny Engels and Unha Engels, WorkUp provides patient engagement solution to reach operational efficiencies and enhance outcomes related to the care of complex specialty patients. Originally developed to support high maintenance patients, such as individuals with cancer, liver disease or blood disorders, among others, the system aims to:
– reduce low value telephone calls to confirm monthly refills by 50-70 %
– lower documentation costs tied to patient-provider communications
– replace traditional spreadsheets and Access database files with a system that tracks tasks, escalate and resolve patient reported issue in near real-time
– access real-world patient encounter and drug therapy information to share securely across client-designated teams
– get direct positive impact on time and costs related to dispensing specialty medications and costs of personalized care management