Arrcus, a San Jose, Calif.-based provider of software driven solutions for network transformation for the interconnected world, raised $30m in Series B funding.
The round, which brings the total capital raised to $49m, was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners with participation from existing investors General Catalyst and Clear Ventures. In conjunction with the funding, Guru Chahal, Partner at Lightspeed, joined Steve Herrod, Managing Director at General Catalyst and Chris Rust, founder and General Partner at Clear Ventures on the board of directors.
The company intends to use the funds to expand its operations to support its customer base, scale strategic partnerships, and expand the reach of its independent network operating system, ArcOS®.
Founded in 2016 by Broadcom and Cisco veterans, Devesh Garg, Keyur Patel, and Derek Yeung, Arrcus delivers networking innovations and solutions that provide a single, unified architecture across physical, virtual, and cloud network environments while delivering operational flexibility, performance, and security. Customers can design, deploy, and manage infrastructure today while scaling to the needs of hyperscale cloud, edge, as well as 5G networks and beyond.
- Pankaj Patel, former EVP and CDO, Cisco
- Amarjit Gill, serial entrepreneur who founded and sold companies to Apple, Broadcom, Cisco, EMC, Facebook, Google, and Intel
- Kelly Ahuja, former SVP/GM, Service Provider Business, Cisco & presently CEO, Versa
- Fred Baker, former Cisco Fellow, IETF Chair & Co-Chair, IPv6 Working Group
- Farzad Nazem, former CTO, Yahoo
- Rajiv Patel, ex-VP of Engineering, Juniper
- Shawn Zandi, Director of Network Engineering, LinkedIn
- Nancy Lee, CHRO of Lime, ex-VP of People, Google