IA Capital Group, a New York City-based insurtech-focused venture capital firm, raised $150m across three funds.
The three funds, which represent the firm’s sixth, seventh and eighth investment vehicles, include:
– Inter-Atlantic Stonybrook Insurtech Ventures, a multi-LP fund, focusing on property/casualty insurtech,
– Inter-Atlantic G Fund, a single-LP fund, focusing on life/annuity/retirement insurtech,
– Inter-Atlantic Ivy, a single-LP fund, focusing on later-stage opportunities in insurtech and fintech.
Founded in 1992, IA Capital Group manages venture capital funds under the Inter-Atlantic name. Led by Andrew Lerner, Managing Partner, the firm oversees venture capital investments on behalf of a variety of institutions including 13 insurers that have a strategic interest in insurtech and represent nearly all sectors of insurance including property/casualty, life, mortgage, and financial guaranty.
IA Capital focuses on investing in North American post-revenue companies, with a preference for Series A, B, and C funding rounds. Occasionally, the firm launches and incubates its own startup company.
Recent investments include:
– Led Authentic4D Series A
– Co-led Protecht dba TicketGuardian Series A
– Led Compstak Series B
– Clearcover Series B
– Incubated Boost Insurance
– Led SmartAsset Series B
– Led Sure Series A
– Advizr Series A
– Led Wellthie Series A
– Co-led Snapsheet Series C
– Led Marqeta Series C
– Led Credit Sesame Series D