Investors include foundations, endowments and an insurance company, as well as corporate, family office and individual investors.
Led by Ken Elefant and Rob Rueckert, who have both operating experience and venture experience at Battery Ventures, Lightspeed and Intel Capital, Sorenson Ventures is a dedicated fund focused on early-stage enterprise software and security investments. It leverages the analytic and operational capabilities of Sorenson Capital, a growth equity and buyout firm founded in 2002, with more than $1 billion in capital under management.
To date, the fund has invested in eight early-stage companies and plans to expand its portfolio to 15 to 20 total investments.
These companies include:
– CyCognito, a cyber security startup;
– Botkeeper, an automated bookkeeping software company;
– Paperspace, a machine-learning platform;
– NS8, an anti-fraud company;
– Openpath, a provider of a mobile-enabled cloud-based access control system;
– Octarine, which offers security for cloud-native applications;
– Trizic, a platform engineered to deliver digital wealth management; and
– a stealth analytics company.
Sorensen Capital is a Salt Lake City, Utah-based private equity firm that makes middle-market buyout and growth equity investments of $10 to $40 million in companies with unique strategic positions.
The firm has more than $1 billion in capital under management.