Rollbar, a San Francisco, CA-based provider of Software as a Service real-time error monitoring software, acquired Samebug, a Budapest, Hungary-based platform for developers to find and share solutions to software problems.
The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
– further deepens Rollbar’s expertise in grouping,
– allows for integration of Samebug’s proprietary technology into its error monitoring solution,
– grows its engineering team, and
– gives access to European customers.
Led by Brian Rue, CEO, Rollbar enables developers and DevOps teams:
- to monitor errors in real-time as new software is built and deployed,
- notify the right team of an error, and
- provide rich contextual data for debugging the error faster across the development lifecycle.
With Rollbar, engineering teams can detect application errors and resolve them quickly – reducing time and human resources spent on traditional debugging, which can better be used elsewhere. Ths solution is in use at several thousand organizations, including Salesforce, Twilio, One Medical, Uber, Instacart, Twitch, Kayak and Lyft.
Founded by CEO Renáta Tamási-Irsai, CTO Árpád Tamási and lead developer Dániel Poroszkai, Samebug provides rich context and deep insights into the runtime errors allowing customers to find solutions, and ship bug-free of Java applications.