RoboCamp, a Gdańsk, Poland-based company creating online textbooks on robotics and programming, raised $530k in funding.
Alfabeat Fund made the investment.
The company intends to use the funds:
- to develop an e-learning platform for mobile devices,
- to create a graphical language for an e-learning platform,
- implement new functionalities in order to individualize teaching,
- enlarge the portfolio of courses, and
- expand into foreign markets – especially German, French and Spanish-speaking ones.
Established in 2006 by Wojciech Syrocki, RoboCamp offers online textbooks enabling teachers without any specialist preparation to teach robotics and programming. Textbooks are addressed mainly at primary and secondary schools. The company’s services are also used by museums and libraries and by other companies operating in the educational field. RoboCamp courses are used by 50,000 students per year.