The Motley Fool, an Alexandria, Virginia, United States-based multimedia financial services company, closed its first venture fund, at $145.73m.
Led by managing director Ollen Douglass, Motley Fool Ventures LP is an early stage, technology-focused venture capital fund investing in companies with between $500K and $5M of annualized revenue.
629 limited partners in the USA participated in the raise.
The portfolio include: Eyrus, HomeCare.com, InHerSight, LegalMation, PostProcess, Rubicoin, tEQuitable, Territory Foods, and Upskill and exited YouEarnedIt, and Runpath.
The team also includes:
– Brendan Mathews, Vice President
– Kristine Harjes, Investment Analyst
– Rob Runett, Vice President
– Gary C. Hill, Venture Partner
– John Keeling, Venture Partner
– Lawrence Greenberg, Venture Partner
– Maggie Dorn, Venture Partner
– Thomas Jones, Venture Partner
Motley Fool Ventures is the corporate venture arm of The Motley Fool, which, founded in 1993 by brothers Tom and David Gardner, allows gives financial information and services through website, podcasts, books, newspaper column, radio show, mutual funds, and premium investing services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, Va., the company has offices in the UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, and Germany.