Props, a NYC-based holistic marketing technology platform for authentic content creators and marketers, raised $5.5m in funding.
– Paul Speaker, the co-owner and former CEO of the World Surf League;
– Hari Ravichandran, founder of the technology conglomerate Endurance and now the CEO and Founder of Jump Ventures; and
– Axispoint, a technology development company specializing in content and blockchain applications.
Early investors include:
– former Audible.com CTO Guy Story,
– Better Mortgage CEO Vishal Garg, and his 1/0 Capital fund, and
– co-founder and former R/GA executive creative director Pat Stern.
Led by president and CEO Joseph Perello, Head of Artificial Intelligence Oliver Blodgett, Head of Development Scott Powell, Props provides an integrated technology platform that combines original content with AI. Leveraging IBM Watson, brands align with relevant, independent content creators to publish, share, boost, promote, measure and optimize authentic content. Stories are distributed to both creators’ and brands’ native media channels, shared and boosted on their social media feeds, and promoted through digital ad networks and search.