BeAlive, an Oakland, CA- Midland, Mich.-based digital consumer entertainment company, raised $3.5M in seed funding.
The round was led by Kittycat Capital, with participation from private investors in the outdoor industry.
The company intends to use the funds to accelerate cross platform growth, original programming and development, and social influencer network.
Led by Michael Mathieu, co-founder and CEO, BeAlive provides a digital consumer entertainment brand and cross-platform network built to deliver short-form video, episodic series, live events, and social content for the young, 18 to 34-year-old, outdoor cultural lifestyle.
The company’s team includes:
– Mathieu (former CEO of YuMe),
– Chris and Casey Keefer (creators and stars of the hit outdoor expedition TV series Dropped),
– Tracy Benson (former CMO at Monster, Head of Digital, Best Buy),
– Jason Brown (award-winning executive producer, Dropped), and
– Mark Peterson (Host of Cabela’s Instinct: Expedition Series).