The amount of the deal was not disclosed.
The company intends to use the funds to advance pre-clinical development of potential therapies to treat patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
Avidity Biosciences is a biotech company advancing Antibody Oligonucleotide Conjugates (AOC™), which combine the tissue selectivity of monoclonal antibodies and the precision of oligonucleotide-based therapeutics to overcome barriers to the delivery of oligonucleotides and target genetic drivers of disease.
Avidity, which is advancing a pipeline of therapeutic programs focused on rare muscle disorders and other serious diseases, has raised $30m in venture financing from a top-tier group of healthcare investors.
The company’s team includes:
– Troy Wilson, Ph.D., J.D., President and Chief Executive Officer
– Kent Hawryluk, Chief Business Officer
– Arthur A. Levin, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Research and Development
– Andy Geall, Andrew J. Geall, Ph.D., Vice President, Formulations & Chemistry
– John Wallen, Ph.D., J.D., Vice President, Intellectual Property
– Vanessa L. Jacoby, CPA, Vice President, Finance