Travelstop, a Singapore-based business travel startup, raised $1.2m in seed funding.
The round was led by SeedPlus, with participation from a US-based venture capital firm, and industry veterans including:
– Dan Lynn and Vikram Malhi (ex-Expedia senior business leaders and founders of Zuzu Hospitality Solutions),
– David Ko (President & COO of Rally Health), and
– Jarrod Howe (Regional Operations Director at Hyper Island Singapore).
Co-founded by Prashant Kirtane, Vijay Aggarwal, and Altaf Dhamani, Travelstop is launching an AI-powered software-as-a-service platform for business travel in Singapore and the rest of Southeast Asia. It provides tools that simplify the business travel booking process, while automating expense reporting and providing insights to business owners. The solution uses advanced machine learning and AI-powered personalization to make flight and hotel recommendations, reducing the hours needed by business travellers to research and book their travel.
Travelstop is led by:
– Prashant Kirtane, CEO and co-founder: Seasoned leader with 20 years of experience in senior management positions at Yahoo! and Expedia. Also founded travelmob.com – acquired by HomeAway-Expedia.
– Vijay Aggarwal, CTO and co-founder: Technology specialist with 16 years of experience in senior management positions at Yahoo!, travelmob, and HomeAway.
– Altaf Dhamani, CPO and co-founder: Product professional with over 12 years of experience building products for companies like Yahoo!, travelmob and HomeAway.
– David Ko, Advisor: President & COO of Rally Health, former Chief Operating Officer at Zynga and former Senior Vice President at Yahoo! (Mobile and Audience).