Blueprint Power, a NYC-based real estate and energy tech company, closed a $3.5m Series A funding.
The round was led by Congruent Ventures, MetaProp Ventures, Fred Wilson, and Brad Burnham with participation from founding investors Lennar and Fifth Wall Ventures and other investors 174 Power Global (a subsidiary of Hanwha Energy), Craig Robins (DACRA) and Urban.us and URBAN-X (BMW/MINI accelerator).
Blueprint Power has developed an innovative platform to allow buildings to sell their excess electricity into a growing number of competitive energy markets. Its machine-learning platform transforms buildings into producers of surplus energy by connecting to and managing onsite assets such as solar, battery storage, cogeneration, fuel cells, thermal storage and controllable loads.
The company’s marketplace software receives price signals and dynamically matches supply to the best source of revenue, turning buildings into virtual power plants.
The Blueprint Power team includes:
– Robyn Beavers, co-founder and CEO (formerly of Google, Vestas, NRG and Lennar);
– Claire Woo, co-founder and head of technology (formerly of Bosch and NRG);
– Nicholas Squires, co-founder and head of systems integration (formerly of Boeing);
– Nicholas Schmidt, VP of engineering (formerly of United States Air Force and Boeing); and
– Savannah Goodman, product manager (formerly of Tesla).