Truepic, a San Diego, CA-based provider of a digital photo verification platform, raised 8m in Series A funding.
– Dowling Capital Partners;
– Jeffrey Parker, co-founder of FirstCall & former CEO of Thomson Financial;
– Andrew “Flip” Filipowski, Founder and CEO of Platinum Technology and SilkRoad Technology;
– William Sahlman, Harvard Business School professor and venture capitalist; and
– other investment offices.
The company intends to use the funds to accelerate expansion and product development for its platform.
Led by serial entrepreneurs Craig Stack and Jeff McGregor, Truepic is a notary for digital photos, enabling businesses, organizations, and consumers to verify photos as authentic. Since the market launch in 2017, the company has been used in over 100 countries by consumers and some organizations across a number of industries, including insurance, media, humanitarian, home and vehicle rentals, beauty, and others.
The new organizations adopting Truepic’s technology include Reddit, the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS), the Antiquities Coalition and its partners, Kopari Beauty, and others.
Truepic has a team of 16 full time employees.