Rein, a Chapel Hill, NC-based insurtech company offering a data-driven platform designed to create usage-based insurance products, raised $7.3m in venture capital funding.
– Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures,
– Kiplin Capital,
– Jason Griswold (Founder, Brown Aviation Lease),
– Christopher Ellis (Managing Director at AvPro, Inc),
– Bert Roberts (former CEO of MCI),
– Steve Rabbitt (Formerly Founder/CEO at The Registry), and
– Anderson Bell (Senior Executive, AvPro, Inc.).
Led by CEO Christopher Dean, Rein is an insurtech company creating new, custom-made insurance technology products around the emerging risks in mobility, robotics and online ecosystems. The company uses data, machine learning and modern tools to allow companies to bring new insurance products to market faster. Founded in 2015, Rein has offices in Chapel Hill, NC, Maynard, MA and Halifax, NS. Its wholly-owned subsidiary, Acend Insurance Solutions, LLC, is a licensed surplus lines producer nationwide.
Rein’s first insurance product, DroneInsurance.com, is a web and mobile-ready dashboard which offers commercial drone pilots tailored drone insurance coverage solutions.