7wireVentures, a Chicago, IL-based early stage healthcare venture capital firm, closed a $100m fund.
The 7wire Connected Consumer Health Fund focuses on investing in companies that use technology to help consumers get and stay healthy, via mobile, connected platforms, the cloud, and insights.
To date, the fund has invested in twelve companies, including Livongo Health, which recently announced a $105m financing led by General Catalyst and Kinnevik.
Led by co-founders and Managing Partners Glen Tullman and Lee Shapiro, joined by partners Tom Main and Robert Garber, the firm also formed a coalition with eight health services organizations including:
– Allina Health,
– Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield,
– Bon Secours Health System,
– Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey,
– Memorial Hermann Health System,
– Rush University Medical Center, and
– Spectrum Health.