Minim, a Manchester, NH-based IoT platform that protects connected devices and assures fast WiFi in homes, raised $2.5M in seed funding.
The round was led by Flybridge Capital Partners and Founder Collective.
The company will use the funding to develop its WiFi management and IoT security platform.
Established last year by Jeremy Hitchcock, former co-founder and CEO of Dyn (ACQ: Oracle), Minim has developed core technology that automatically fingerprints connected devices on home networks and dynamically develops a behavioral model of communications, enabling real-time performance optimization and security threat detection. The company is piloting solutions with ISPs and channel partners.
The company is now officially launching its connected home management and security solutions, which now include:
– a mobile app for consumers (available in the iTunes Store and Google Play Store),
– the Minim Care Portal for ISPs, and
– the Minim router agent.
The team also include:
– founder/COO Brian Kline (formerly VP of product at Time Warner Cable);
– founder/CMO Nicole Hayward (formerly CMO of Antidote and OnSIP); and
– VP Engineering Alec Rooney (formerly VP Engineering at Adored and Elbrys Networks (ACQ:Cisco)).