BeBop Sensors, Inc., a Berkeley, Calif.-based maker of smart fabric sensors, closed a $10M+ Series A funding.
The round was led by Bullpen Capital.
The company intends to use the funds to accelerate product development and market penetration.
Led by Keith McMillen, Founder & CEO, BeBop Sensors designs, manufactures, and delivers smart fabric sensors to Fortune 500 companies in the Health, Automotive, IoT, and AR/VR markets. Leveraging its sensors, which measure physicality, sensing pressure, XYZ location, bend, motion, rotation, angle, and torsion, for precise analysis of data, the company offers the following technology products:
– Forte Data Glove, a data glove with sensors and haptics for the consumer market;
– Sensor Helmet, providing location-specific impact information;
– Multi Sensor Insole, which measures the changing forces on the bottom of the foot;
– Automotive Occupant Classification System embedded car seat sensors with intelligent car occupant sensing technology for safer airbag deployment;
– Smart Foot Mat, a high resolution sensor platform that measures a person’s balance and detect anomalies in orthotic measurement; and
– Fabric Track Pad, an input device that can be conformed to a car’s interior for accuracy to recognize taps, gestures, and swipes for applications.
Where things or people interact, the company’s comprehends force, location, size, weight, bend, twist and presence across any size, resolution and geometry.