Orange Growth Capital, a global financial technology venture capital firm, has rebrandes as Finch Capital.
The new brand name reflects the firm’s global financial technology focus. To ratify the rebrand, the firm has also announced two investments in Ayopop, an Indonesian mobile bill payment platform, and Ikbenfrits, a digital mortgage broker based in the Netherlands.
Led by Radboud Vlaar and Hans de Back, Finch Capital invests in the Series A funding of innovative technology companies that are driving the transformation of the financial services industry. The firm’s investments cover a variety of verticals including software (customer and data management, infrastructure, security, AI/ML solutions), market places (insurance, mortgage brokering, deposits/lending, cars repairs) and payments (remittance, PSPs).
From its offices in Amsterdam, London and Singapore, Finch Capital works closely with its portfolio companies to help them penetrate their target markets. Its team serves on portfolio companies’ boards to help them define strategy and support entrepreneurs with their go-to market approaches, product development, hiring and funding roadmap to take the businesses to the next stages of development.
Operating out of offices in Amsterdam, London and Singapore, Finch Capital targets fintech hubs in Europe including London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Zurich, Paris and Stockholm and South East Asian hubs including Jakarta, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Recent investments include:
– Trussle, a UK digital mortgage broker;
– Digital Insurance Group, a Dutch insurance platform;
– Squirro, a Switzerland-based customer insight software company;
– Intelliment, a Spanish security policy automation company; and
– Cermati, an Indonesian digital financial services provider.
Beyond Vlaar and Hans de Back, the team includes:
– Annette Wilson, Partner COO & IR
– Aman Ghei, Principal
– Alix Brunet, Associate
– Yong Kit Lui, Analyst
– Dick Harryvan, Investment Adviser
– George Coehlo, Investment Adviser
– Sridhar Chityala, Investment Adviser
– Merel Treffers, Personal Assistant
– Miranda Economides, Office Manager