Dell Technologies (NYSE: DVMT) has launched its venture capital arm out of stealth.
Created a few years ago, Dell Technologies Capital has been an active investor in more than 70 early-stage startups, with the mission of helping founders and their teams develop innovative technology solutions and bring them to market.
The ventures team, which invests approximately $100m annually in promising founders and startups to bring innovative technology to customers, focuses on emerging technology areas that are relevant to Dell’s family of businesses (including Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream and VMware).
Examples investment areas include:
– software-defined networking,
– management and orchestration,
– machine learning/artificial intelligence,
– Big Data/analytics,
– Internet of Things (IoT), and
Led by Scott Darling, president, Dell Technologies Capital offers board members, deep technical expertise as well as access to the global scale, channel, OEM and go-to-market relationships proper of Dell Technologies’ family of businesses. In addition, it provides access to technologists, investors and company executives.
The team includes:
– Scott Darling, President, Raman Khanna, Daniel Docter and Deepak JeevanKumar, Managing Directors, Creighton Hicks, Partner and Russ Barck, Marketing & Alliances, and Scott Bevan, Business Strategy & Operations, in Palo Alto;
– Gregg Adkin, Managing Director, in Boston; and
Yair Snir, Managing Director, and Alon Weinberg, Director, in Israel.