Skyline Vet Pharma, Inc., a Groton, Connecticut-based animal health product development and marketing company, raised $5m in Series A funding.
AgTech Accelerator made the investment with participation from its investment syndicate partners.
Co-founded in 2015 by animal health and animal biology industry veterans Serge Martinod, D.V.M., Ph.D., as chief executive officer, and George Murphy, as vice president, Skyline Vet Pharma is using proven, in-licensed delivery technologies to reposition human drugs not yet approved for use in animal health. The company intends to bring several new products to the market over the next few years in three major therapeutic areas: pain/inflammation, cardiovascular disease and antimicrobials, areas that represent more than 60 percent of the prescriptions written by veterinarians.
Following the Series A financing, Skyline Vet Pharma’s board of directors includes:
– Serge Martinod, D.V.M., Ph.D., co-founder and chief executive officer of Skyline Vet Pharma,
– George Murphy, co-founder and vice president of Skyline Vet Pharma,
– John Dombrosky, chief executive officer of AgTech Accelerator,
– Joe Cook, Jr., principal of Mountain Group Capital, and
– David K. Rosen, D.V.M., founder and former president and chief operating officer of Aratana Therapeutics