Polyphor Ltd., an Allschwil, Switzerland-based clinical stage specialty pharma company focused on the development of macrocycle drugs addressing antibiotic resistance and respiratory diseases, completed a CHF 40m funding round.
Backers included exisiting investors. Under the terms of the transaction, Polyphor received CHF 10m and will call the remaining CHF 30m in the second half of the year after the completion of the clinical end of Phase II meeting for its lead clinical stage antibiotic, Murepavadin, with the US Food and Drug Administration, FDA.
The company intends to use the funds to finance:
– the pivotal registration program of the antibiotic Murepavadin (POL7080) against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, including its most resistant strains, and the proof of concept program for the elastase inhibitor POL6014, and
– the completion of the preclinical development of the antibiotic platform to progress candidates into the clinical stage.
Led by Giacomo Di Nepi, CEO, Polyphor focuses on the development of macrocycle drugs that address antibiotic resistance and severe respiratory diseases. The company’s lead drug candidates include:
– ß Murepavadin (POL7080, in Phase II entering Phase III / Pivotal registration program), a precision Outer Membrane Protein Targeting Antibiotic (OMPTA) against Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
– ß POL6014 (in Phase Ib), an inhaled inhibitor of neutrophil elastase for the treatment of Cystic Fibrosis and other severe lung diseases, and
– ß Balixafortide (POL6326, in Phase Ib), an antagonist of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 for combination treatment in oncology.