The committee, which will help guide and stimulate future discussions on the Internet of Things (IoT), telematics and other insurance innovation topics and trends in the North American market, includes:
– Steve Anderson, President at The Anderson Network, world-renowned authority on agency technology
– Anne Melissa Dowling, Former Director of the Illinois Department of Insurance
– Mike Scrudato, Senior Vice President and Strategic Innovation Leader at Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., responsible for leading the mobility domain that develops risk management solutions for the new era of mobility, including such areas as vehicle telematics, shared mobility, crash avoidance systems, and autonomous driving
– Paul Carroll, Chief Executive Officer at Insurance Thought Leadership and former editor at the Wall Street Journal, and
– Ujjval Patel, Vice President at ACORD, responsible for the research and strategy area of the organization.
The North American Connected Observatory the Connected Insurance Observatory will take advantage of the synergies it has with the European Connected Insurance Observatory, founded by insurance thought leader and insurtech investor and advisor Matteo Carbone. Comprised of more than 30 international insurance groups, institutions and technology firms, the Observatory offers multi-client research focused on the insurance IoT domain, one-to-one workshops dedicated to each member to discuss research outcomes, and symposiums that encourage learning and lively discussion among members.